Lost Shoe Collective
Through original and compelling narratives our focus is to expose outdated social norms, giving a voice to those overlooked and ignored by the establishment both via played accounts and uncompromising factual investigations.
Our choice of projects reflects our particular interest in the world’s youth and the continued fight for acceptance many minorities still face in the modern age.
As a part of the Collective I have developed project proposals and secured funding through EU grants, played an active role in the writers‘ room conceptualising characters and storylines and researched and conducted on-camera interviews of documentary subjects.
Artist Run examines how independent artists in Berlin survive and thrive in a gentrifying city. Find out more about our latest projects here.
Writing, Editing and Multimedia Journalism
As senior/online editor for Exberliner Magazine, one of the oldest English language publications in Berlin, I edited the work of numerous journalists, wrote articles, curated newsletters, redesigned the look of the website and oversaw our Facebook and Twitter channels, as well as contributing to the editorial of the monthly print magazine.
By implementing a multimedia approach to online story telling our shares improved ten-fold (often more) and overall website traffic was boosted over 40 percent.
Blogging and Podcasts
I have created hundreds of blog posts, social media texts and website re-writes for startups in Berlin since moving here in 2016. In one exciting project I hosted and edited a short series of podcasts on influencer marketing, produced by Sponsokit GmbH.
Scroll down to view a selection of my front page stories in UK newspapers, BBC News Magazine features and more examples of my published articles from 2012 to 2016.
Harrow Times (2016)
Click here to view my author profile and latest articles for the Harrow Times
Watford Observer (2014-2016)
- Ambulance boss took NHS vehicle on French booze cruise (investigation)
- Watford NHS trust asked who’s responsible for cancer referral blunder (health/investigation)
- Hospital cancer failings: ‘confusion’ over outpatients identified as far back as 2010 (health/investigation)
- Health chiefs: ‘Health campus could be built in seven years’ (health)
- West Herts NHS Trust needs cash injection ‘to become financially viable’ (health/business)
- Health Campus: mayor vows ‘door is not closed on development’ (health/politics)
- Police hunting up to 10 people involved in ‘high value, daring and audacious’ smash and grab raid on 3 jewellers at intu Watford (exclusive police briefing)
- ‘He didn’t get justice,’ says heartbroken pregnant girlfriend of fatally stabbed Watford teen Aqeel Khan (human interest)
- Hero cabbie who pulled pregnant woman from burning car wreck in Watford honoured with bravery award (human interest)
- Patient’s family brand Watford General infection control ‘beyond a joke’ after a pressure cushion used for a week was found to be covered in previous patient’s faeces (human interest/health)
- Shocked neighbours of Garston man arrested under terrorism act saw police carry out 48-hour house search (police/door knock)
- Watford man dies after taking ‘unusually high strength’ heroin, inquest hears (inquest)
- Children herded into school after aggressive squirrel frightens pupils and scratches teacher (quirky/community)
- Lone clubber runs up £17,000 bill at Watford strip club – in one visit (quirky/business)
- Ed Miliband: the people of Watford have been ‘let down by poor investment’ in town’s hospital (politics)
- ‘Lib Dem’s 13-year grip on Watford Council is now set to end’ say opposition after crushing election night (breaking/politics)
- Dorothy Thornhill: Campaign for Westminster seat will not interfere with role of mayor (politics/video)
- Angry Boxing Day shoppers queue in the cold after power failure in Watford shopping park (quirky)
- Have you been naughty or nice? (quirky)
- Woman sustains ‘serious injuries’ after balcony plunge during alleged assault in Watford (breaking)
Evening Telegraph (2012-2014)
- Dundee too cultured to win 2017 city crown (FOI)
- Dundee police ‘stop-search tactic stays’ (FOI – data sheet)
- Break-in terror for Dundee mum (human interest/crime)
- ‘I can’t wallow in self-pity’ says Dundee mum who lost quads (human interest)
- Dundee mum ‘prisoner in own house’ following double tragedy (human interest)
- Dundee mum calls Radio Tay show hours after daughter dies from drugs (human interest)
- Deja vu for Dundee mum Gillian (human interest)
- Tragic Dundee dad Robbie ‘will be terribly missed’ (death knock)
- Army vet John, 84, robbed in his home (door knock)
- Dundee gun drama believed linked to drugs dispute (exclusive police briefing)
- Net closes on Dundee football thugs (exclusive police briefing/special report)
- Dundee grandad admits firearms charge (court)
- Chemical drama as Dundee hotel evacuated (breaking)
- Police hunt man after he targets girl in Leuchars (breaking)
- £1bn waterfront development is key to unlocking bright future for Scotland (business/politics)
- Strictly Come Dancing star Brendan Cole set for a bite of Dundee (celebrity)
- Dundee lollipop man quits job after a day due to abuse (community)
Work Experience (2008-2012)
- Police ‘Family’ that works together to keep streets safe (Nottingham Post)
- ‘Don’t Stop Garden Waste Collections’ (Leicester Mercury)
- Sabbs Consult on Fee-Setting Policy (Beaver)
- LSE to Buy Grade II Listed Building (London Student)
- The Financial Crisis: Who is to Blame? (London Student)
- Mixed Results in LSE Referendum (London Student)
- LSE SU Motion to Ban The Sun and FHM Fails at UGM (London Student)
- Police Scuffle Mars Queen Visit (Beaver)
- Don’t Fall For Phishers’ Bait, Student Computer Users Warned (Beaver)
- Sixty Years After UN Declaration, LSE Debate Lauds Human Rights (Beaver)
- Any Questions? Radio 4 Comes to LSE (Beaver)
- How the Girl Guides Knitted, Nursed and Dug for Victory (BBC)
- What are Silly Bandz? (BBC)
- The Late Night Sandwich Run (BBC)
- Solving a Murder in the Family (BBC)
- How the Art of Enticing UK Holiday-Makers has Changed (BBC)
- A Graduate Tax (BMJ Student blog)
See what I got up to on my post graduate diploma in newspaper journalism at Cardiff University (2011-12) here.